Hospice is a specialized type of care for those facing a life-limiting illness. Hospice care helps to manage painful symptoms of your illness, but it is about more than that. Hospice care is about taking care of you or your loved one as whole person, including tending to your physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional needs. Medical equipment, medications, and other supplies are all covered under hospice care. Hospice care concentrates on managing a patient’s pain and other symptoms so that the patient may live as comfortable as possible and make the most of the time that remains. Hospice care believes the quality of life to be as important as length of life.
We provide hospice care for those facing a variety of illnesses, including:
- Heart Failure
- Lung Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Respiratory Disease
- Muscle/Nerve Deterioration
If four or more of the following statements are true, you may be eligible for hospice care. Call Madrona Hospice at (480) 566-5997 to learn about hospice services and the many ways that hospice can help you and your loved ones at this important time.
- I have disease or injury that cannot be cured.
- I spend most of the day in bed or in a chair.
- I have to take pills for very bad physical, body pain.
- I have made a lot of trips to the emergency room in the past 6 months.
- My doctor has told me that my life expectancy is limited.
- I need help from other people with my daily activities like taking a shower, getting dressed, eating, cooking, walking, or getting out of bed.
- I have started feeling more tired and weak.
- Without trying to, I have lost a lot of weight in the last six months.
Hospice is a choice for individuals with a life-limiting illness when comfort and quality of life is the goal, not curative treatment.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance typically covers hospice care.
Hospice care services can be provided in any place you consider home. Madrona Hospice strives to keep patients within their home through the end of life. Madrona Hospice provides care for adults ages 18 years and older.
Our team works closely with our Medical Directors, families, and loved ones to ensure that the patient’s needs are being met. Our team-based approach includes a network of nurses, social workers, chaplains, certified nursing assistants, bereavement specialists and trained volunteers which enhances our ability to provide responsive, personalized care. Madrona hospice is available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.